Friday, August 24, 2012

Contest WINNERS!!!!

First of all, THANK YOU to everyone who participated.  And thank you to Ancestry for sponsoring and supplying the prizes.  To determine winners I used the website Random.org.

1. Six months US Ancestry Membership goes to Anita B.!  Her winning comment was #5 about brick walls:


#2 My frustrating genealogy "brick wall":
I want to know, who were the parents of my great-grandfather?!!

George Eugene Brown was adopted by a couple in Texas (Joseph & Elizabeth Baker), but they left his last name as 'Brown'. We've wondered if that was true, but last fall my brother had DNA testing done, and we fit into Brown Group 10; a few other people there are dealing with brick walls, as well!

It would be so exciting to actually find out who his parents were!!

2. A copy of 2012 Family Treemaker goes to jmdt!  Her winning comment was #9, which was also about brick walls.  I suppose those brick walls were good for something!


This is my #2 entry. One of my brick walls is Jacob Garber/Gerber/etc. He was born about 1800 in Pennsylvania, probably Berks County. He married Ann Campbell in 1825 and had five known daughters and one known son. One of the daughters was my 2x great-grandmother Harriet Garver Sassaman.
I posted more information on Jacob on my genealogy website: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~jmdt1129/walls/garberjacob.html


Winners, please contact me.  If you do not have my direct email address, you can find it above in the "contact me" tab that runs across the top of the page.

Thank you and anyone who participated in the contest and would like a coupon good for $5 in my shop, please let me know!  Coupons will be good through November 1, 2012.  (Only people commenting in the original contest are eligible)


No comments: