Tuesday, April 3, 2012

1940 Census at the Archives Site

Today was my second and very gratifying experience with the 1940 Census.  First I found the enumeration district for the community my family lived in and then I went to the NARA1940 Census site.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could look at images today.  Not only could I look at them, but I found my Hopkins, Tisdale and Neff families.  The images are clear and allow you to save in regular or high resolution, which was great to me!  My only complaint is that if you know a page you want to go to, you cannot enter that page number and go to it.  You have to advance page by page.  But hey!  It's FREE!

While looking the last couple days I found some funny names:

James Kirk

March Wright

Earnest Houskeeper

Have you searched for your family yet?

No comments: