Friday, July 13, 2012

Ancestry 1940 Census Updates

My apologies for being remiss in my updating!  This was in my inbox yesterday:

This just in: we added 15 states to our 1940 U.S. Census index late last night. So dive in and search for family members by name in the 1940 census in California, Idaho, Georgia, Kentucky, Washington, Kansas, Nebraska, Oregon, Alabama, Arizona, New Hampshire, Michigan, Wisconsin, Montana and Hawaii

You can search HERE.

That means 25 states and Washington, DC are now indexed.  Upcoming states in the index are:  Alaska, Arkansas, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota and Utah.  They will be coming soon!

So it looks like I need to prioritize some time next week to "play" on Ancestry since many of my states are now indexed!

Have you found any new information on the 1940 census?

1 comment:

diney said...

I've indexed & arbitrated some of the 1940 Census, but haven't had a chance to look up anyone yet...seriously need to do that soon!