Monday, October 10, 2011

Family Album



Family Album Big Heritage Kit was really fun to design.  Since it is family history month, I thought it would be nice to have another genealogy based kit.  Family Album is designed so that you could do a large family history project using primarily one kit.  It does coordinate, sharing the cream colors with my Family Treasures Kit and a similar palette to His Story - Family Tree Kit and the School Days Kit.


There is a total of 97 elements in the kit. There are many pieces to mix and match to create clusters and designs.


Here are the frame clusters and some of the journaling elements.


All together there are 36 12x12 papers.  This preview shows the colored papers, including some beautiful embossed designs.


There are more creamy/camel colored papers to allow journaling and to let your photos shine as the star of your family album.  Three papers are maps and the ones with the colored swirls would work well for a full page of journaling your family's story.


Lots of frames, including a full page frame.  There are many shapes and sizes in the metal style that initially inspired me in the kit creation, as well as some in colors from the elements and paper as well as one vintage paper frame.


And just to help you along in your pages and journaling - Titles in two fonts, in the coordinating metal style.  The word "Family" is available in 2 fonts different from the title fonts.


If you want to create your own album from this kit, I have created a Shutterfly ready album cover kit. Please note, this was created with Shutterfly's own templates with every effort to be accurate, however, I cannot guarantee their printing.


Family Album Genealogy Tools is a mini kit that was a lot of fun to design.  There are 4 pedigree charts - 4 generation and 5 generation, with each coming in a thick or thin metal style.  The other tools are markers or indicators that can be used to single out or highlight information on genealogy charts or documents, the lines can lead out to your journaling area where you can write more about that information.  Included are two quick page genealogy pages.



The family crest on the 2nd page is available in the big kit at a much larger size and is a fun way to journal or if you have a family crest you would attach it there.


Last but not least, there is a Family Album Bundle Pack with everything for a reduced price!

In my spare time (insert Guffaw here!), I will be working on an album about my Tisdale family and I plan on using this kit.  Watch for layouts and ideas.  As usual, I would love to see your layouts too. If you have created layouts with my kits, please send me a link to your gallery postings. Happy Scrapping!




1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Theresa - this is a beautiful kit! I am downloading it as we speak. I can't wait to get started on a book for my parents. As always you give such value for the money. I can't believe all that is included. Guess I'd better get cracking!!