Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October Is Family History Month - SALE

But Please Take The Time To Look Around!



October is Family History Month and in honor of that, all my family tree kits will be on sale for 25% off! Take a look around in MY STORE.

Do you need some inspiration?


Diane (aka as Diney) made these wonderful layout using my School Days kit.  I love how creative she was in placing a piece of paper into the typewriter with some type on it!


Her mother won a typing competition and she had all the certificates and newspaper articles to document the event.  What a wonderful heritage spread.  This shows how you can document and journal and still keep the page artistic and beautiful.  Thank you Diane!


I've been poking through some old boxes and was surprised to find this tintype fall out of some miscellaneous papers.  I wanted to show what a tintype looks like - future generations may not know.  So I extracted it into a png file and included that on the page along with a cleaned up version with lighting correction that allows us to see more of his face.  This is my Great Grandfather in his freshman year of college at Hamline University near St. Paul, Minnesota.  The background paper (and most of the layout) are from my Family Album Big Heritage Kit.  The map on the background paper is Canada and part of the northern United States.  I used the marker that looks like a bubble wand from my Family Album Genealogy Tool Kit.  The circle on the right highlights the area on the map where my Great Grandfather, Fred Tisdale grew up in Ontario, Canada.  The circle on the left of the indicator marker shows St. Paul, Minnesota where he went to school.


This was a really fun page to make with two wonderful finds!  Like the tintype mentioned above, this little photo dropped out from amongst papers.  I had never  seen this, but from description recognized it as the little cabin my grandparents lived in for about the first six years of marriage.  Recently I had also found this note book page which I extracted.  It includes my Grandmother's thoughts written down while her her late 80s or early 90s about her wedding day and the first little home they shared together.  They were just screaming to be scrapped together.  So I used my recent Our Home Digital Scrapbooking Kit to create this page.  Every time I look at it, it makes me happy to see my Grandma Hopkins' writing - a piece of her!  I may print and hang this in my turquoise/blue bedroom.

Thank you for stopping by to visit today. I hope you've been able to find some inspiration for happy scrapbooking.  Stop by my shop for 25% off family tree kits in the month of October! 




No comments: