Thursday, December 25, 2008

Catching Up On Layouts

Well, I've been busy the last couple weeks working on layouts for Heritage Scrap and it has been a lot of fun. I haven't had time to get them loaded here, so this will be a long photo intensive, catch up post.



Digizines by Teri's lovely calendar kit that makes a small desk calendar that fits into a CD jewel case. Some pages have places for multiple pictures and a small amount of journaling and some have a single photo frame. These calendar templates lend themselves well to heritage photos as you can see here in these layouts. I highly recommend this fun project available here. I made this calendar using photos of my Husband's family for his Sister and she really liked it. My only complaint... I wish it was bigger! I am going to try and print one a little larger to see how it works.


When I saw Jean Daugherty's Master Painter kit, I knew I had to use it for this photograph of my great, great grand Aunt, Grace Hopkins True. Her life was sad in that she lost her little girl Ruth and her husband early in life. But some of her art has survived and I love this picture of her painting - it reminds me of my own Aunt, also Grace Hopkins, painting - same body shape and similar style, even though they never met! The hill on the background paper is similar to what she is painting in the picture. Thanks Jean for an awesome kit! Find the kit here.


This layout was also made from Jean's Master Painter kit and I love the photo real leaves. There were several lovely backgrounds and elements for fall pages, so you don't have to have art pictures to use this beautiful kit.




I was so excited to see Lynn Griffin's Winter Roses kit at Heritage Scrap, so I could play with it. It's so beautiful and like most of her kits, quite versatile. This is my favorite photo of my Mom as a toddler and I have done several layouts with it. I thought it lent itself well to the snowflakes and beautiful snowy designs. Font is CK Child's Play.




These are photos taken this week by my best friend Shelley in Washington state. I used four kits to put this layout together. The main ingredients come from Digizines by Teri's Old Fashioned Christmas page kit, the gray snow paper and the evergreen branches come from Lynn Griffin's Christmas Cottage kit, the letters are from Digizines by Teri's Pink Ice and the silver swirls in the upper corners come from the Faerie Holidays kit. All the kits were from Heritage Scrap.




This is made using the mini Old Fashioned Christmas page kit from Digizines by Teri and the evergreen branches of Lynn Griffin's Christmas Cottage. The child is my Uncle with my Grandparents dog and puppy, Christmas 1957. All available at Heritage Scrap.





I wanted to show how the Christmas kits can be used for other types of layouts. This is my Great Grandma, who worked as a milliner (hat maker) before marrying. The hatboxes inspired me to journal about this. I used the Faerie Holiday Kit from Digizines by Teri available at Heritage Scrap.





This layout was made with the Faerie Holidays kit as well. The picture is my Mom, Grandma Hopkins and I at my wedding ten years ago.




Another layout, this time using Lynn Griffin's gorgeous Christmas Cottage kit (free with purchase before Christmas 08) available at Heritage Scrap. The font is Jane Austen from dafont.com.




My Hubby and I met in the middle of the blizzard of '96! Two years later, almost to the date, we married. Ten years later and we have multiplied and are still happily together. These snowy papers from the Winter Wilderness kit and rich textured ribbons seemed perfect for one of our wedding pictures. The evergreen branches are from Lynn Griffin's Christmas Cottage kit. Both kits are available at Heritage Scrap.



This is my favorite layout to date. I am very blessed to have some special things from my Mom's, father's family. The writing on the paper is from Sedgewick Hopkins, my ggg grandfather and the photos are of him and his wife and children except for the one from a book that is water stained which is an engraving of his grandfather and family. This was a fun layout to do and Silvia Romeo's Old Time Shoppe papers and elements lent themselves well to this layout and theme. Kit available at Heritage Scrap.





Another one from the same kit. I made this layout featuring some unlabeled photos in my files - a great example of why you should label and journal!!! This was made with Silvia Romeo's Old Time Shoppe kit. If you have "mystery family" I do recommend putting them in your album. You never know who might look at it one day and know exactly who they are! One can always hope!




This is my Uncle with their dog Viking and a puppy on my Grandparents porch Christmas time 1957. The porch looked pretty grungy and I thought it matched with the worn paper. I used the Faith Sisters Collaborative "CHRISTmas". The background came from Claudi Designs, the overlay from Digiscrapalicious, The Snowflake like designs from Lifesong Kreations by Karla and the Swirl from Nikki Painter. Kit available at Faith Sisters The font is Euphorigenic S.





Another layout with my Great Grandma as a teenager. I used the Nanna's Armoire Lace alpha from Kate McClellan and Silvia Romeo's Arabesque Revisited kit, both from Heritage Scrap. If I did this over I would probably move the bird a little, because it looks like the beak will poke her brains out! LOL



I love this baby photo of my great Grandma, taken about 1906. I used the soft and beautiful papers and elements available in Silvia Romeo's "Arabesque Revisited", from Heritage Scrap.


No comments: