Sunday, December 14, 2008

Home


I just finished this and I am so excited! This is the first layout where I have used one of my own photographs as a background/element. This layout is about visiting my Grandma Hopkins' home this summer. It was sold several years ago and I was very sad. The beautiful home was built by my Grandpa beginning in 1929. The owner has made several changes, some of which were difficult to see, but I can understand that they were necessary. Most of all it was exciting to see that it is being taken care of and not torn down to build track housing on its almost 4 acres. Journaling circles the picture of the house, with words that describe memories of my times there. The rest of the journaling talks about how you can't really go home, it's never quite the same. And even though I was walking through my Grandma's home, it felt a little sad and empty without her sitting in her chair reading a book or her Bible! She truly was the heart of the home!

The other papers and elements for this page came from Veronica Spriggs' rich and beautiful kit, Along Mulberry Lane and available at Heritage Scrap. The name was fitting, as Grandma had a big white mulberry tree just to the left and cut out of the picture. I can't wait to do some more layouts with this kit!

No comments: